Want to become an agent of change for your community? As a Legal Hand volunteer, you can help community members with the laws, rules, and forms that affect daily life. Learn how to help your neighbors and gain experience navigating legal issues!
Please attend one info session to apply: Tuesday, October 10, 1 PM - 2 PM OR Wednesday, October 11, 6 PM - 7 PM
To RSVP for the October 11th workshop, click here.
Info sessions will be held at Legal Hand office 250 Kingston Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11213
Volunteer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attending trainings in a variety of legal issue areas, including family law, housing, benefits, and employment
- Conducting oureach around Crown Heights on behalf of Legal Hand
- Assisting residents with a variety of legal issues by completing intakes, filling out paperwork, and making referrals to full-scale representation when necessary
- Helping residents with job and housing applications, and advocating for clients over the phone
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 3 hours per week in our Crown Heights office for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be 18 and over
- Must have strong computer literacy and comfort
Please note: All volunteers are require to attend a two day training on October 23rd and 30th 5:30 - 8:30 PM at the Brooklyn Public Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza Brooklyn, NY 11238. Dinner will be provided.
For more information, contact Hannah Margolin at: (718) 619 4248 or firstname.lastname@example.org